To successfully manage any kind of organisation it is necessary to get to know it well, and the task set in front of a Football Manager gamer is obvious: pave the path of a football team to the peak. Of course those trophies will vary – from winning Champions League to not getting relegated from the Spanish third division. However, no matter of what club you choose, you will probably spend most of your time in a place, which is very rich of information.
On the squad screen of our team we will find all the basic data allowing us to delegate players for the next match. Those are:
- position chosen by us, on which the player will play in the next game
- information about the actual status of the player (such as injuries, cards, transfers, travels etc. - at the same time those are shortcuts to other screens which will give us detail on the matter)
- first and last name
- positions, at which the player can play
- player's morale
- form in the past 5 matches (columns present his form in each game along with the average from the past 5 games – I must point out that for this statistic the latest games are being taken in account, no matter of when they were played)
- present condition
- game statistics (number of games played and goals scored, average rating of all matches of the player)
The squad screen has got a lot of different views, which allows us to see our team from different angles eg. overall, info regarding contracts or transfers, assistant's reports, info about injuries or player's condition, and also chosen statistics or attributes. There's also an option to show all of it in an overview, which is especially useful when you have many players. They all appear in two columns then and thanks to that there is no need of scrolling up and down the screen. From all of the available views it's worth to especially look into three of them:
- viewing information about assitant's reports allows us to compare ratings of all our players along with a description of their personalities
- view of information on players' conditions allows us to figure out how fit our players are for the next game
- in the view of comparions among different attributes we will get a knowledge on the most essential skills of our players – the attributes are divided up into a few sections: physical, mental, technical, goalkeeping, defensive, attacking
At this point it is important to use another option, which is players' filters – it allows us to choose players from a specific team (first, reserve, juniors), but also to narrow it down to chosen positions, or even side of the pitch. Thanks to that, we are able to analyse chosen information regarding the players that interest us. By hiding the players who are on loan, unavailable or not at the club at the moment, we gain a very useful tool fo comparing our footballers.
It must also be added, that we can filter the squad and positions in any of the information views and when we hover the mouse cursor over a column we will get its full name. After we get aquainted with the squad screen, we should come back to the screen with players' statistics.
As we can see, we receive a very detaild set of information regarding recent performances of our players, which allows us to analyse their form better.
Another useful tool is highlighting chosen information with the LMB. We just need to click on a player when the cursor changes into an arrow. When holding the CTRL button we are allowed to pick a few players at once. We can now choose one of available options for a group of players – we just need to click with the RMB on one of the highlighted footballers. We will get a menu with a few actions to select from. The one we decide upon will affect all of the previously highlighted players.
Text read: 40378 times
- Facts and myths about 30-year-olds
10-01-2011 17:33, autor: Ceyvol
- Football Manager 2011 - preview
15-10-2010 20:31, autor: Ceyvol
- Blanc is better than Keegan - Interview with Millie
16-08-2010 23:59, autor: Bobi
- Interview with Roy Meredith
13-08-2009 00:09, autor: CM Revolution
- An elixir recipe
28-05-2009 18:45, autor: jakubkwa
- Why CM is superior to FM
08-02-2009 23:51, autor: Rem-8